Also my very first Company of the placement season
So the exam time has come out as 7:00 a.m.
Me : Subah 5 baje to uth nhi sakte chalo hostel chale jaati hu SA ke paas, usse mile hue bhi bahut time ho gaya.
So i stay in the hostel overnight in SA'a room (stayed, didn't get a chance to sleep)
All drowsy in the morning i woke up at 5 (yeah you would say what difference did it make, but I didnt know I will have to get up at 5 here also na). Got ready jaldi jaldi and woke up this friend of mine who was supposed to go with me (SA was sleeping so peacefully
)
Me : DA get up
DA : mmmm
Me : DA get up
DA : uthti hu. 2 min na
Me : Arey(Abey) late ho jayenge jaldi uth
Finally she woke up in another 15 minutes and started getting ready. We reached the audi (auditorium) at 6:45. Stupid us, didn't know we will have to wait another hour for the exam to start. The exam started around 9. The paper was easy but there were 7 papers! Everyone had a good paper so I wasn't expecting to clear the written, but guess what I surprisingly made it through the written.
Next was a technical interview. I was so scared, hadn't studied anything apart from C programming and data structures. I was so scared what if he starts asking me about networking or database or OS. But luckily I got a very sweet interviewer who didn't know DS himself (lol... I mean coming to an engineering college you should know DS). Anyways the interview went something like this:
Me : Good Morning sir
Him : Good morning. Have a seat 
Me : thnk u sir
Him : So aapne kya kya padha hai
Me : Sir C, DS
Him : DS?
Me : Oh i mean Data Structures
Him : Ok. You know C programming then can u make the factorial function
Me : (nod)
Him : You know what factorial is right?
Me : Yes sir!
Him : Ok, go on
Me : (explaining from the code i made on paper)blah blah blah
Him : Ok good
Me : Sir we can also calculate the next value by removing the 3rd variable by doing blah blah
Him : haaaaaaaaaan, lekin will this work??? (with a confused expression on his face)
Me : Obviously sir! we just changed the variable
Him : (still confused)
Me : (explained him with an example)
Him : haaaaaaaaaan! ok! good. So dekha it reduces one line
Me : Yes sir 
Him : Good. Acha can u swap two numbers without using a 3rd variable
Me : Ok sir I will try. (Though I have done this question a 100 times but I learnt during my internship interview that if you know an answer DONT speak it out immediately, act like you are thinking about the question. That'll give an impression that you don't know the answer but you tried and found the answer which is WOW for them. Except, obviously, the typical questions, which if you don't answer will make you appear dumb (eg. queue by linked lists)
Me : Done -- explained to him the whole thing
Him : Ok good
I'm sorry I don't have much knowledge of Data Structures
Me : (Bloody hell! that's what I know best
)
Him : Ok What other subjects you know
Me : Sir C and Data Structures are my strength (NEVER EVER MENTION SUBJECTS WHICH YOU DON'T WANT TO GO TO DURING THE INTERVIEW)
Him : (He opens the IT subject list) Ok you have done this analog and digital electronics also
Me : Yes sir but I don't remember anything and am not even good at electronics
Him : laughs (not sarcastically; he was REALLY a nice guy)
--Here we drifted towards a little informal talks
Me : Seriously sir, I never liked Electronics
Him : Ok but you can draw the circuit of p-n junction
Me : No sir
Him : Ok how do you represent the p-n device?
Me : (Drew the symbol for p-n junction)
Him : ok (then he gave me the go-ahead look and i stared at him blankly trying to put to him ki mujhe isse zyada nahi ata).
Acha 8085 ka diagram bana do. Microprocessor to padha hoga
Me : (with a confused and scared look on my face ) haan sir but mujhe kuch yaad nahi
Him : Acha chalo ok you can go
Me : Ok sir. Thank you
Him : Thank you. Bye
I head back towards the Audi half running, half jumping. Just 5 minutes had I been seated in the audi when my name was called out again and I was told to go for the interview again. I was cursing my interviewer on the way for asking me stupid questions because of which I had to appear for another interview.
Upon arriving the 'sweet' interviewer was sitting at the same desk and as soon as I entered the lab he was smiling at me.
Him : Sorry to bother you again
Me : Its absolutely ok sir
(abey kya hai jaldi bata, maine kya galti kardi. Meri heart beat tez ho rahi hai)
Him : Actually I thought there will be a separate HR round but they said its to be taken together, so that's why 
Me : Phew! No problem sir 
Then he asked me the general HR questions. They had made us fill a 3-page form for HR which required us to cite 7 instances from our life which fitted their questions. We had a hrad time remembering 7 different instances and on top of that at the end he asked me:
Him : Acha I have this list of 9 points and I can't judge you on these 3 criteria can you state some examples to exemplify on these areas?
Me : (Idiot! wo 7 hi itni mushkil se likhe the abb aur teen sochoon)
I gave him some stupid example and then he allowed me to leave.
Following this we were required to head for the GD but unluckily it was around lunch time and 2 of our group members had gone for their tech interviews so we had to wait for them. Also the aricent team people went for lunch while we were waiting (aur hum bechare bache bhookhe pyase baithe the
)
The GD was decent but I was not expecting to get through beacuse
1. It was the first GD of my life
2. I had good points but a couple of them came out at the wrng time
3. Others in my group were veryyy good
Was least expecting to get through. My roll number was 15.
The results were expected around 4:30 but around that time the interviews only were going on. So they announced the partial result. She started with roll number 13 and went back to 1 and left me confused because roll number 13 was in my GD group.
And then towards the end after roll no. 1 came roll number 15 and I almost jumped from my seat. I had cleared my first company and best one in C category! Couldn't believe my ears and SA and AK seemed more happy than me 
And there I was through with C category and into Aricent 
So the moral of the story is:
It doesn't depend on your knowledge if you'll get selected or not, it depends a HELL LOT on your luck!
Personal Details
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
accha aisa hua tha kya
aur kya bey
waise which part are u mentioning? or do u mean the whole thing?
i mean main itni khush hui thi kya
What is this C category!!
Post a Comment